the good stuff

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


Goodbye 2015

Last year was a tough year in so many ways, I don't think I have ever faced so much stretching in such a close amount of time. In every way that I sought the Lord about life, He challenged me to trust in Him and in His ways. Every time that I tested His goodness, He met me with grace and peace. In my grief, He offered me hope, in my sorrow, He offered me comfort. This past year shook me, it wrecked my perception of God, in how I view Him and how He views me. My heart broke a few times this past year and God never left my side. He stretched me to lose myself in Him and be victorious. Honestly, I have struggled with believing at certain times in this hard journey of stretching that God knew what He was doing. I was bitter, I was uncertain of the future and I was unsure of where I fit in. But, once I surrendered the bitterness, the fear, the burden of unbelief, only then was I able to find joy. As much as I really disliked this past year, I am thankful for it. I'm thankful that He has deepened my understanding and renewed my hunger for His goodness. I have only conquered this past year with the promise and hope that is from Jesus. These past few months I have been pondering and repeating and clinging to this verse.

"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly." Psalm 84:11

PROMISE right there. God is good and He loves to give us good things. And He doesn't withhold anything that is good. This is a crazy promise to wrap our minds around. Especially in tough and challenging times, its hard to grasp that any good can come from the valleys. But, God is good and He loves to give us good things. 


good= of high quality; excellent.

IN CHRIST YOU ARE: worthy. valued. cherished. fought for. prayed for. victorious. made righteous. beloved. beautiful. precious. forgiven. redeemed. made new.

He takes us just the way we are and makes something beautiful. He takes us in pieces and makes us new again. I so look forward to the day where we are made complete in Him, lacking nothing. When we meet Him face to face in all His glory. 

"Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2 

So. let's desire the good stuff. Let's get real with Jesus and start resting more in His goodness and less in our burdens. Let's cast away the doubt and lets run with the awesome, extraordinary and possible God. Our God is able and willing to complete a good work in you and in me.

My only desire is to experience and know God more than I ever have before.



"And I am sure of this, that HE who began a GOOD work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ" Philippians 1:6



H E L LO   2016 !!!

No comments