Guilty

So Tuesdays are venting Tuesdays for me and my friend.We sit at our favorite coffee joint and chat about our day and vent. Its what we do and its so nice just to share all about the things going on in our lives. At the end of our hang time we pray.

SOOOO often without even realizing it...I tend to talk about people....not always in a bad manner, more just sharing than really anything. sometimes the negative banter will be done, BUT I have noticed how often I talk rather than praying. I heard a Pastor say recently that if we have a problem with someone its a check of our own hearts, not them. Very heart wrenching sermon. Think about it, all the problems we have with people or school or work is really a heart issue. Would you voluntarily admit that most of the problems are because of you. 

My friend can never lift my burdens and magically make me feel less stressed about life...yet I go into the week sometimes craving the Tuesday vent night so I can just get it off my chest and be done with what happened that week. I am so quick to wait for one night yet I put off spending precious time with my Jesus. Jesus doesn't have an appointment book that He has to schedule me in....why do I? Why do we? 
My friend and I spend 2 to sometimes 4 hours chatting and what IF, what IF we prayed that whole time...

I am convicted. I am sorry that I talk about you, rather than pray for you. I am sorry that I don't know enough about your life to pray for you more. I am sorry.

Prayer unifies, edifies, encourages, puts our focus on the Lord, directs our hearts back to Jesus, sets captives free, comforts and connects us the living God. Prayer is vital. Communion with God is vital to a lasting fruitful walk with Jesus. The word pray is mentioned 313 times in the bible...must be important.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." 
Romans 12:12

One of the many great benefits of having Jesus as our friend and Savior is that He NEVER ceases to intercede for us. He NEVER stops praying for us. He loves us. This makes me think that if I'm not praying for those around me than I'm not loving them. And we are called to LOVE. That's one of the greatest commandments. 

Muy importante!!!!

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. "
Matthew 22:36-39

Exhoration for the day- Spend time with the Lord, pray for those around you, love your family they are your greatest ministry, seek Jesus and give Him your burdens.

Truth- God wants to meet with you. He wants you to give Him your burdens. God is the ultimate comforter and healer of wounds. Your request are not to big or small. JESUS LOVES YOU!!!

Lies- God doesn't care about your small requests. God has more important things than you. God is not personal.

Please don't ever think that your requests or lives are not important. Jesus proved His love for you by dying on the cross, if that doesn't show that He is committed, I don't know what does. 

I would love to pray for you, so send me your requests. Nothing like being humbled and brought to your knees than praying for those who need it. 

-Mis

No comments