Faithful or faux?


There are endless stories in the bible that refer to God being faithful, but it isn't much until we experience it first hand. This week has been super crazy, with lack of sleep and spiritual warface. I have been getting beaten and at times discouraged. The Lord took a situation completly out of my control, where i thought all is woe and made it work out better than i could have imagined.
God does that sometimes.
Its like God coming into a bakery setting the place on fire, just so that He could supply all their needs and rebuild a better bakery. It takes us humans a little while to figure out that God is in control and He has always had everything in control.

What if I told you that no matter how many times you doubted the power and provison of God, He still would not leave you nor forsake you and He would still be faithful ? What if I told you that all your burdens that you lug around day after day and moment by moment were never meant for you to carry? Or that all the hardships you face are worth it.

"For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:10

Worth it? you may ask. But yes. Worth it. Because if God chose to kill His one and only son to take away my sin than any hardship i face is going to be met with the hand of my God, and He will endure.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Well. I am thankful that I have a faithful God. One who cares for my every need and desires to take my burdens even after He took the ultimate burden of Sin. Who would do that, not only sign up to take away my sin on the cross but daily. Why? Why is God so good? Why is He so faithful? Why do I still think that I can do it on my own? Why do I doubt that He will meet all my needs?

We are told by Paul, "And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians  4:19 

Now, if this is false and God just cant or wont supply all our needs, why would it be in the bible. I mean that is a heavy promise, He already saved us from ultimate death and we definatley do not deserve anything more than that but still...we are given this reassurance, this hope, this promise that all our needs will be met. Of course not in our way, not like we should even demand a way or think that we should have a say in the matter. God is sooo good to give us more "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us," (Eph 3:20)

I don't know the outcome of how my life will be or how I will finish that race....but I do know and am given a promise I can stand on that He will supply my needs , He will do more than I can ask or think, that I have His power that dwells in me and that I don't have to do anything but believe; the race and the finish line are things i cannot control. I can though, trust and give Him the glory for getting me through it all. 

And this is where I get more and more amazed, where i love God more and more. Because His faithfulness is never ending. 
Is your God faithful or fake?

"Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!" Psalm 34:8

- Mis


No comments